Saturday 19 June 2010

Firstyball

So I finally caved and set up a blog. There are many reasons why it's taken me this long to start my journey into the world of blogging. The main reason is that I really didn't think I'd ever have something to say that I'd want to share with the world - then again I thought the same about Twitter and look what happened there!

I also realised that if I want to get anywhere with my writing I needed somewhere of my own to 'publish' it, this has become even more important since I discovered Flash Fiction and Serial Flash, it's all very well creating great little pieces of fiction but if no-one really ever reads them somehow it becomes a questionable use of time.

Here my blog begins....

6 comments:

  1. Welcome dear Lexx! This is a wonderful step for you to take. Yes, you do need a place to keep and share your writing.

    Love the look of your place!

    Oh, and I see a table in that corner *points to right* where we can set up the wine! Lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me *Butting in*, did someone mention wine? I have a corkscrew and some glasses. Makes way to table in the corner and pulls out packet of Kettle chips...

    Bass_

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys for being the first visitors, I'm already thinking of putting in a cellar with tasting table but perhaps I'll just keep adding tables for the wine.

    Remember to recycle though!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did someone say wine?

    Congratulations, Lexx! I've got a great Torrontes (white wine) that I'll add to Marisa's table. I'll also add you to the "writer friends" list on my blog.

    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. *pops prosecco to celebrate*

    Fantastic Lexx! I'm all giddy now that you have a place to share your stuff. It'll be fun you'll see. :D

    To the blogroll! heh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh blogging is great fun and even when I have nothing to say, it seems I manage to say *something*.

    ReplyDelete